if you have any questions please feel free to message me
Basic forum rules
NOTE: All rules below apply in all forums on this site, all private message and any other communication of any kind within the site (including signatures and avatars)
- [RULE] Advertising of any kind and/or promotion of commercial products is strictly prohibited and will end up getting you banned
Examples/Exceptions: Advertising an app/service will get you banned very quickly, while releasing the source code for a private email application you wrote for this community will get you respected.
- [RULE] All posts must be free of illegal or distasteful content (or any encouragement of these), which includes pornography and nudity in any sections of your profile, post or any other site content authored by you, posting of copyrighted material, spamming the forum, bumping threads, or flaming/trolling.
Examples/Exceptions: Calls to illegal action (or illegal advertising - see RULE 1) will get you banned, but rational criticism in the correct forum section is very much welcome
- [RULE] All posts must be in English until other forums explicitly allowing the use of other languages are introduced on this site
NOTE: We are thinking of moving towards a better system of organization - allowing multiple languages to use these forums
- [RULE] Duplicate posts and posts which you are not the original author of will land you a warning and/or an eventual ban
Examples/Exceptions: For example - directly copying another user's post is counted as a duplicate post, however, citing sources including other members' posts is allowed if and only if it can be clearly distinguished from a duplicate post
- [RULE] Multiple accounts by one user are strictly prohibited unless explicitly allowed by a moderator or administrator
Examples/Exceptions: Creating multiple accounts for the purpose of raising your own reputation on the site is strictly prohibited, however, given special permission by the forum moderators it is possible to have different identities for use in different countries
- [RULE] (as an extension of the above): Any interaction between two accounts belonging to the same person will invariably result in a ban
Examples/Exceptions: No exceptions
- [RULE] Forum members must not be addressed in an offensive manner, this will land you a warning and/or an eventual ban
Examples/Exceptions: Use of inappropriate language towards other forum members will land you a warning/ban, simply undirected use of inappropriate language (in posts for example - not addressing any member of this community) may be tolerated
- [RULE] Posts of exceptionally low quality or no direct bearing to the subject will be deleted, and an excessive posts of this kind may get you banned
Examples/Exceptions: Anything reasonable you can post will most certainly not violate this rule, however posting 'yesssssss' as a post in the Criticism section will get you a warning and the post will be deleted.
- [RULE] If a forum staff member allows you to perform something prohibited by the rules above your account will not be punished for this in any way provided the staff member did not break the below rule
WARNING: See below
- [RULE] Bribing of staff administrators/moderators or asking for 'favors' of any kind will get you (and the staff member involved) banned
- [RULE] Posting content in unrelated sections intentionally or in excessive quantities will get you a warning/restriction or temporary ban
NOTE: I understand it may be hard at times to find the right sections, so the rule above can be classified as a 'soft' rule
- [RULE] Forum/subforum specific rules (usually posted by a moderator/administrator) should be followed in the specified forum/subforum
- [RULE] Limitation of another user's freedom by a non-staff member of this forum is strictly prohibited
- [GUIDELINE] If in doubt, message a forum staff member
- [GUIDELINE] If you believe a ban/restriction was placed in error please message me
- [GUIDELINE] If you believe that in your particular case any of the above rules are infringing your ability to communicate freely, please feel free to discuss this in the Site Suggestions section
- [GUIDELINE] Check these rules often! They may change! (I will likely send a group message in this event)
Bans are appealed all the time, and on these forums it is more than likely a ban will be appealed - these forums are centered around freedom and the rules above mentioned are in place solely because in our imperfect society it is currently not possible to function without the presence of any rules.